Health Benefits of Peach :
- High blood pressure
- Gastritis (inflammation of the stomach)
- Nephritis (inflammation of the kidneys)
- Acidosis (deficiency of alkalinity in the body)
- Bronchitis (inflammation of the bronchial tubes)
- Poor digestion
- Bladder and kidney stones.
- Helps improve the health of the skin and adds color to the complexion.
- Helpful in the removal of worms from the intestinal tract.
- May help prevent cancer in organs and glands with epithelial tissue due to its high Vitamin A content.
fresh peach leaves
Boil the water, take off the heat and steep the leaves in the water for about 5 minutes. This is good for kidney stones.
The Ottomans had a sweet tooth so they ate and drank many sweet things. Of those Syrups were favorites. Peach serbet was one of the many they drank to indulge in thier sugar cravings.
|Different types of Serbet|
1000 grams of soft peaches
sugar - to taste
1tsp citric acid
What you do is cook the peaches with sugar and 2 cups of water. Sugar is to taste because some of you out there like more whilst others prefer less, so I leave that up to you but take into account that it is a syrup and syrups are sweet. When that is cooked down so that the peaches are soft take off the heat and cool. Add in the citric acid. Either using a cheese cloth or a fine mesh drainer process the peaches so that you get all the liquid out. You should be left with the skins and a bit of pulp. Taste the syrup at this stage. If it is too watery or you want more sugar or more liquid add it to the saucepan and put back on the heat until you get the desired consistency. This should be a nice thick syrup that you can make a refreshing drink from either with cold water or tonic or even mineral water.